We have been so busy lately I can barely remember all we've done in the last little while. I know I have pictures to post but that will have to wait until another day.
We went on a field trip last week to the Stonewall Quarry and saw some fossils and learned about different rock formations etc... my goal is to put up the pics and actually have the kids write the blog post in regards to what they learned that day.
We met up with some old but dear friends who are also homeschoolers and it was so fun to reconnect that way.
The kids have been having fun learning french and working on math facts including multiplication and division. We were going to start a new unit on the solar system but I think it will have to wait until next week because this week is just to packed already.
Tomorrow morning is a play date with some local homeschooling kids who are all around the same age as the "big kids" so that is fantastic!
This evening we were at Fort Whyte Alive to witness thousands of geese come in at sunset. What a sight. I totally recommend doing this with your family. We were lucky enough to be part of group to get a little intro to the sights and sounds and lifestyle of the Canadian Geese before we watched the big show.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the blog post up with all the pics over the last couple of days.
For now though, all the kids are in bed and I need to get some work done :)
Omgsh Kenzie...i admire you so much for homeschooling. I'm not sure how you manage everything....i can barely get out the door with 2 kids!
ReplyDeleteWow - you are busy there! But sounds like things are going well. Kudos to you and your kiddos! I love the geese flights at Fort Whyte...we did that a few years ago...we should do it again soon.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Kim