Well it has finally happened.... I'm finally starting to doubt myself after weeks of success and good times. Yesterday and today have been a gong show. I understand Halloween just passed and the kids are hopped up on sugar and I'm feeling exhausted. I have a good network of about 20 teachers and they all agree that the week before and after Halloween is a gong show so I'm sure I'm not alone in this.
I seriously started considering looking for schools for the kids this morning. I know this will pass and actually just writing about it is making me feel better.
We finished up a full unit on the solar system last week that I know the kids really enjoyed and this week we are digging deep into Canada. It's history, stories, government, economy and I'd like to go province by province as well. Now I just need to find the motivation :p
Not much point to this post other than to admit self doubt which I knew would happen at some point and which I'm confident will pass.
Hey Kenz,
ReplyDeleteI have been wanting to read this blog since you started it, but have only just managed to take the opportunity to do so. What an amazing adventure for you and your kids! One that not many Moms are brave enough to join - me included. Homeschooling enters my thoughts often as something that I love the idea of, but need to get more information about. I certainly wouldn't turn away the opportunity if it presented itself...maybe...one day...who knows!?
Anyways, I just wanted to say "Way to go!!" - what a beautiful gift you are giving your children!! Keep up the great work!
Becky
Your doing great ! Don't be so hard on yourself, your still new at this its a whole learning process for both you and the kids. If it makes you feel any better my kids have been horrible too lately, especially Maxine, who has been really out of sorts seems like she has been having an on going temper-tantrum for what seems like weeks, she has already been grounded from her Halloween candy for one week........I love hearing about what your kids are learning about, seems like they are learning more than mine are right now ( I should actually say Katie,cause Caleb seems like he is learning lots) If you need just close the door and scream into a pillow I find that makes me feel a lot better LOL!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work Kenzie your doing awesome!
Sam