After much deliberation and lists of pros and cons made, Kianne has decided that Bonnycastle School is where she wants to be. I specify Bonnycastle because that is really what it is all about. I could have sent her to any other school in the city and she still wouldn't have been happy. She just really wanted to be with her old friends at her old school and be as she calls it "normal".
So yesterday morning off she went. This morning she left early to get to skipping club on time and is already talking about joining some of the other clubs.
This has taught me something.... We joined a million homeschool groups and did make new friends whom she actually talks to regularly but it is not the same. I have mentioned many, many times about the benefits of homeschool and the benefits of public school and they are just so different and do not cross over so you either have one or the other. The benefits of public school for Kianne far outweigh the benefits of homeschool.
I only want the best for her and am happy with the choice she has made. I feel she made it in a mature way by looking at all the aspects and realizing the responsibility with going back to school.
I do not regret keeping her home for the short time she was here. She grew and learned so much in that short period of time and I saw it happen :)
Hey Kenzie - I know how much you looked at this decision with Kianne and that even though it is difficult to watch for you, you are her mom and you are doing and have done your best for her!
ReplyDeleteThe boys said that Corey was at school, is he returning as well?
Take care,
Kim
How are things going for Kianne...I saw her one day when I was picking up the boys at lunch.
ReplyDelete